Department of the Sociology of Gender and Family
- dr hab. Dorota Majka-Rostek, prof. UWr – (Head of Department)
- dr Ewa Banaszak
- dr Paweł Czajkowski
- mgr Marcelina Smugowska
- mgr Paulina Niedopytalska
- mgr Aleksandra Drabina
- mgr Rafał Kiljan
History of the Department
The Department of the Sociology of Gender and Family was created in 2016. The initiative to create the Department stemmed from the willingness to co-join in one organisational unit the work of people who cooperated for a couple of years, jointly organising conferences and publishing, even though they belonged to different departments. Professor Dorota Majka-Rostek, dr Ewa Banaszak and dr Paweł Czajkowski organised two academic conferences:
“Gender not welcome? Socio-cultural dimensions of gender in the public and private sphere”, Wrocław, 4th December 2014.
“Body is a trickster. Sociocultural contexts of experiencing the body”, Wrocław, 10th December 2015
The collaborative publications are:
- “Genderowe filtry. Różnorodność doświadczenia i percepcji płci w przestrzeni publicznej i prywatnej” [eng. Gender filters. The variety of experience and perception of gender in the public and private sphere], , D. Majka-Rostek, E. Banaszak, P. Czajkowski (Eds.), The Institute of Sociology, University of Wrocław, Wrocław 2015 – co-editing and introduction
- Banaszak, P.Czajkowski, D. Majka-Rostek, „Gender niemile widziany?” [eng. Gender not welcomed?], “Kultura i Edukacja”, 3/2015.
- “Trickster. Społeczno-kulturowe konteksty doświadczania ciała” [eng. “Trickster. Socio-cultural contexts of experiencing the body”], E. Banaszak, P. Czajkowski, D. Majka-Rostek, R. Florkowski (Eds.), Wydawnictwo Naukowe Katedra, Gdańsk 2016.
Main research topics
- Modern family transformation
- Socio-cultural aspects of gender
- Gender aspects of social communication
- Social creation and perception of sexuality
- Mechanisms of sexual normativization and exclusion
- Social functioning of sexual minorities
- Body as a social creation and an object of social control
- Gender, sexuality and corporeality
Academic and scientific events
- Conference: “Fashion vs. everyday clothing. Functions – dynamics – mechanisms”, Wrocław, 17th November 2016.
- Conference “Our (un)usual sex. Socio-cultural contexts of sexual behaviour”, Wrocław, 5th December 2016.
- Polish Sociological Association
- Polish Sexuological Society
- Faculty of Tourism and Recreation Poznan University of Physical Education